Friday 26 June 2015

Judy met the montly challenge !

Judy Barends met the monthly challenge !



When I read about the June challenge about mixing black with colours, I immediately thought about the mix of burnt sienna and ultramarine blue. As if by magic, these two colours mix to a dark brown/black, much darker than each of these colours on their own. 

To show this magic I made a colour chart. On top you see ultramarine and burnt sienna mixed. In the middle: phtalo blue and burnt sienna. As you can see the mix is not as dark. And at the bottom a mix of indigo with burnt sienna, just for comparison. 

Both ultramarine blue and burnt sienna are granulating colours, that I like very much. 
I made a painting, just using the two colours. 

My blog: www.dedraadaquarellen.blogspot.nl



Thank you and bravo to Judy !! :)