In prep for posting on the Wash a Week blog I did some pre Christmas to get a feel for how to proceed and this has shown me how valuable taking time to do these little wash studies are.
My colours are:
- Bloodstone Genuine - guess I will tire of it sometime soon but as a new paint to me I am loving it (Daniel Smith)
- Quinacridone Gold (Winsor & Newton)
- Quinacridone Coral (Daniel Smith)
- Scarlet Lake (Winsor & Newton)
I added to this colour study this week by trying combinations of the yellow and reds, letting them mix on the paper, how useful they are for creating orange/red Poppies
2. Quinacridone Gold/Scarlet Lake
Not having a blue in my 4 colour study prevented me getting a stem colour but the idea here was to test the yellows/reds/oranges and see how more interesting they are with their variation than a tube orange would be.