Friday 29 May 2015

isabella kramer week #22

2015 © ISABELLA KRAMER


KALANDGASSE - CELLE
SIZE: 20 x 50 cm
PAPER: GUARDI ARTISTICO ROUGH 300 g/m²
COLORS: DANIEL SMITH - PYRELENE SCARLET  - QUINACHIDRONE GOLD - MAGANESE BLUE -  GREEN APATHE GENUINE - MJIELLO - SAP GREEN






Painting a half-timbered city like Celle ( this is the town I'm living for the last 20 year) is not really easy. There are so much details, windows, lines and roofs, that there is a great risk to overload the image and lose any lightness. I use a very reduced pallet of colors to create these unique spring time feeling between old houses. And I try to catch this marvelous atmosphere with very loose and spontaneous brush strokes. I always love to put some peoples into my city impression. They are very important to create a lively scene. This is just a further sketch for a later version.


Wish you all a very happy and creative weekend! 
May light and color be with you.


xo, isabella 




.