Sunday 31 May 2015

Lorraine Brown - Week # 22

I love using French Ultra Marine Blue as it granulates so beautifully. I adore its vibrancy too and it seems to find its way into my work 99% of the time. Here I did a little colour study in preparation for a larger work which I have now finished. Doing these little colour selections means at least one of the multitude of considerations when creating a painting has already been worked out.  I am loving this step, one that I have really only introduced this year since doing these weekly wash posts. Here is the link  to my finished painting posted on my own blog.

Colours for Pink Magnolia:
Winsor & Newton: Rose Madder Genuine, Permanent Rose, Permanent Alizarin Crimson
French Ultra Marine Blue, Green Gold

This remains a limited palette and the green gold acts as the yellow to work with the blue and 3 pinks
.