Thursday 12 March 2015

Lorraine Brown - Week #11

This week I have tested one of 4 new tubes of QOR Watercolor I picked up from a city art store who are stockists of Golden Products and where I found out about these new pigments.Golden are now making a range of watercolours and if you would like to find out more about why they are calling them Modern Watercolors check out their website

"The unique formulation of QoR Watercolors accentuates the luminosity and brilliance of pigments even after drying. QoR provides the subtlety, transparency and flow of a great watercolor, with colors that have as much vibrancy and fire as the best acrylic or oil paint."

 Bohemian Green Earth by Golden Artists Colors
Pbk7/PG7
PR101/PY42
Semi Transparent
Just as it says  it is earthy, salt didn't take in my little swatch but my experience is next time it might

It will be a useful colour for when I take landscape painting more seriously




The other 3 colours I purchased from this range are two metallics - Gold and silver and a Manganese blue. An earlier challenge post I did was all about trying to make silver and gold which took some experimenting but now if I want to I can just reach for a tube.