Saturday 18 April 2015

isabella kramer week #16

.


.


2015 © ISABELLA KRAMER
POOL LADY
SIZE: 15 in. x 15 in. - 38 x 38 cm
PAPER: GUARDI ARTISTICO - TORCHON 300 g/m²



Hi folks,

this week it was such a unusual warm weather for April and Spring, that I had to paint a real
summer painting. And it was just the right subject  to do my cling film experience for Olivia's  marvelous April 15 Challenge.


After sketching I use Masquepen for the highlights on the water. Then I paint the water with Daniel Smith Ultramine Blue, Manganese Blue and Cerulan Blue. 


Then I cover the wet blue area with two pieces of cling film, take a cup of tea and play a little bit
with my two cats. After 30 minutes I remove the cling and voilà the first step is ready. 




Now it's time for the Lady. I use Daniel Smith Burnt Sienna, Hans Yellow Deep and my Blues for the Shadows and her hat. 





After finishing the body I put two new pieces of cling film on her arms and her legs and take a second cup of tea. After drying I paint some small detail to the contours of the body and of course I remove the masking fluid and soften some hard edges. 




I hope you enjoy my experience as much as I do and I wish you a happy weekend. 




May light and colors be with you,



xo, Isabella