Friday 8 May 2015

Lorraine Brown - Week #19

My home is right on the river with the most amazing scenery, bird life and boat activity to view everyday. My goal is to find a way of depicting this beauty which so far has alluded me in landscapes and maybe this is because I just cannot compete with what I see in the real. I suspect though that I have just not yet found my style in landscapes but hopefully it will come. This little study is just what I don't want for a real painting but it did give me the chance to try out something different to consider for painting our sometimes grey, sometimes, bluer and sometimes greeny river water.

I have used a Daniel Smith Colour - Undersea Green along with Winsor & Newton Perm. Rose and Indigo. These colours did lift well as I added the boat as an afterthought.