Friday 15 May 2015

Lorraine Brown - Week # 20

Still on the trail of finding interesting colours and ideas for future landscape paintings.
Here I have tried 3 Winsor & Newton shades: Winsor Blue (green shade), Perylene Violet, Caput Mortuum Violet.
These little studies showed me that they would be quite useful in river scenes and also for rocks where I have used a credit card and scraped at the colours mixed wet into wet on the paper. I also found that using the Winsor Blue very dilute it can make a very pretty sky colour. I have always thought it to be a very bright and overpowering but doing these colour studies I am finding many pigments are so versatile if you play with the water ratio.
using credit card to scrape after adding colours wet into wet

possibilities colours for river scenes