Monday 23 November 2015

Lorraine Brown - Week #48

Amongst my paint I found a little tube of Winsor and Newton Rose Dore. The colour on the tube looks soft and pale but in its full strength it is more warm and darker. I decided to warm up before getting to work on a real painting with some little rose exercises using this Rose Dore along with Quinacridone Magenta, Rose Madder Genuine and Permanent Rose.
I love Roses but for me a pleasing painting is not always achieved.. I have painted a few rose watercolours that I am happy with but not every one is a success.
I tighten up at the mere thought of painting roses but this does not seem to happen with any other bloom. I didn't do a rose painting after these little warm ups so here I add my most recent rose painting which pleased me, painted at the Fabio Cembranelli workshop I attended a few weeks ago.






Scent of a Rose
38cm x 28.5cm
Arches Cold Press 300gsm